This 1973 Pinzgauar 710M ten person troop transporter now wears a set of Interco Narrow S.S. “Super Swamper” tires. The original prototype was developed around 1969 and production began in 1971, as a successor of the Steyr-Daimler-Puch Haflinger 700 AP 4×4 light military multi purpose offroad vehicle.
The M38 windshield could be folded flat for firing and the body was equipped with a pintle hook for towing and lifting shackles front and rear.
With the old body to the 1952 Willys M38A1 sitting in the background the Willys is starting to look like a completed truck.
The new body being lowered onto the restored frame. The M38A1 was the first vehicle to feature the round fender design that would later become the distinguishing body style of the CJ-5.
“Little” Red is a brush fire truck that was owned by the Civil Defense and used by the So. Amana Fire Department. This is from the first year of production of a the M38A1 that continued for 20 years.
Powered by the L-134 Go-Devil engine these civilian versions of the military Willys MB were intended for farming, ranching, and industrial applications. The CJ-2A sports a grille reminiscent of those found on modern Jeeps which makes them easy to differentiate from the military model.
Commonly used by the Austrian and Swiss militaries this vehicle now in the United States was not running the best. After repairing and synching the carbs the air cooled four cylinder engine runs great.
The 1967 Austin Moke pit vehicle project is no longer smashed up and abused vehicle it was when it arrived.