Thanks to Barney Gaylord the MGA Guru for stopping by the shop today. We helped him out with a spare distributor for his car which has gone 150,000 miles in the last five years of traveling across the United States. Check out his website at https://www.mgaguru.com/
For years we have been testing homemade ultracapacitor banks in the old cars such as the one on the right. Now commercially available they are a considerable upgrade on original generator powered cars giving you constant power for lamps, quicker charging, easier on the generator, and most of all is not affected from being fully discharged if your car sits around. Due to the power output they are dangerous if you are not careful so do not install one yourself if you are unsure how to do so.
This soon to be FIA race car will be wearing an Healey hardtop and side curtains. The Speedwell door handles added to these doors will make getting the doors open during a race a lot quicker and easier.
We turned the latest van to come through our shop into a mobile conference room. It is equipped with powered USB ports, many HDMI connections, internal and external speakers systems and it is all powered from solar panels installed on the roof.
With the chassis restored and a brand new engine built from NOS block and parts it was time to tackle a fuel tank relocation. Early Jeep drivers had to sit on top of the gas tank but with the installment of a CJ7 tank in the rear we were able to free up the space used by the original fuel tank for other things.
The Anglia 105E built from 1959 to 1968 was the third and last version of the famous Anglia nameplate. The 105E was powered by a 997 cc engine which was actually smaller but more powerful than the 1172 cc engine that powered the previous model.
This 1966 MG MGB has less than 100 miles since restoration at another shop, which incidentally is no longer is around. The rod bearings were completely worn out, the timing chain tensioner had never been engaged, and camshaft key was almost completely sheared off. Now machined properly and back together the owner can finally enjoy their family heirloom.
The father of the Lloyd was Carl Borgward, one of Germany’s more ambitious automotive entrepreneurs. His company now known as the Borgward Group produced cars of four brands, which were sold to a diversified international customer base: Borgward, Hansa, Goliath and Lloyd.
Although The General is officially a 1969 Dodge Charger, 1968 and 1969 Chargers were used in the original television series with the addition of some 1970 Chargers used in the later movie. Besides the insignias on the outside the car is also well known for the horn which plays the first 12 notes of the song Dixie.
The Lloyd Alexander featuring a four-speed gear-box was offered, in parallel with the Lloyd 600, between 1957 and 1961. One difference visible from the outside was that the Lloyd Alexander included an opening hatch into the rear luggage locker, whereas drivers of the Lloyd 600 had to reach behind the rear seat in order to access the luggage locker.
This shortened design of BMW’s New Class Sedans has become a cult classic and is still as well regarded as when it was released. This example has sat dormant in the state of Hawaii until it was brought to mainland and is now starting a restoration.
A lot of work went into this truck, from dropping for drivers floor for more headroom to cleaning up the interior, roll bar and paint. A very loud waterproof speaker system in the rear finished off this fun summer ride.
Unbelievable 1974 Saab Sonett III: With just seven original miles on the odometer this last year model of the Saab Sonnet is as it rolled off the dealers floor. See this car now at the Saab Heritage Car Museum USA in Sturgis, SD.